|How the FPGA works|
|Between PC and FFT, MicroBlaze(MB) exists and controls UART and LCD. The
following shows the signal flow of "test mode". (1) MB send data
from PC to FFT's RAM -> (2) FFT starts calculation -> (3) FFT ends
it and notify to MB -> (4) MB sends data from FFT's RAM to PC. Finally
PC checks if the FFT result is correct or not.
The following is "normal mode". (1) A/D converter injects data to FFT -> (2) FFT starts calculation -> (3) FFT ends it and notify to MB -> (4) MB sends data from FFT's RAM to PC. Finally PC shows the spectrum in a graph.
That's it for this class. I show you a summary of "C2VHDL"
(1) Execute FFT in C language with floating point. <-- This is the start point.
(2) Switch variables to fixed point in C. <-- Compare this result with (1)'s result
(3) Describe it in VHDL and do RTL simulation. <-- Compare this result with (2)'s result
(4) Run it in FPGA and send the result to PC. <-- Compare this result with (3)'s result
In order to design hardware of FFT or other DSP stuff, the steps above is a good way to achieve it. Finally, let me tell you the merit of C2VHDL.
(1) For FFT, VHDL can be ten times faster than C.
(2) For couple FIR filters, VHDL can run them in parallel, that means twice faster than C.
See you again!! Let me know your impression --> firstname.lastname@example.org